Born into Care: infants who become looked after in Scotland
September 2019 - July 2020
ESRC Impact Acceleration Account at Lancaster university.
The main objectives of this project are:
- to bring together key academic, policy, analytic and practice partners in relation to the issue of infants becoming looked after in Scotland, strengthening existing relationships
- to share learning from work done by the Centre on newborns entering care proceedings in England and Wales, and from the ‘Permanently Progressing?’ project
- to discuss implications of the research findings for policy and practice in Scotland
- to explore commonalities and differences between legal systems, and between the availability, scope and structure of the administrative data
- to discuss the opportunities for future collaborative work.
For further details contact Linda Cusworth: email@example.com
Key Partners: Scottish Government, University of Stirling, and Adoption and Fostering Alliance (Scotland).
The project is also supported by the ESRC-funded Administrative Data Research (ADR) partnership.