Born into Care: infants who become looked after in Scotland
Dr Linda Cusworth, Research Fellow in the Centre, has been awarded funding from the ESRC Impact Acceleration Account at Lancaster university.
The main objectives of this project are:
- to bring together key academic, policy, analytic and practice partners in relation to the issue of infants becoming looked after in Scotland, strengthening existing relationships
- to share learning from work done by the Centre on newborns entering care proceedings in England and Wales, and from the ‘Permanently Progressing?’ project
- to discuss implications of the research findings for policy and practice in Scotland
- to explore commonalities and differences between legal systems, and between the availability, scope and structure of the administrative data
- to discuss the opportunities for future collaborative work.
For further details contact Linda Cusworth: email@example.com
Key Partners: Scottish Government, University of Stirling, and Adoption and Fostering Alliance (Scotland).
The project is also supported by the ESRC-funded Administrative Data Research (ADR) partnership.